all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnus: split URL
@ 2004-09-09 16:20 Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2004-09-09 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Sometimes I get mail with embedded URLs that are split into two
(or perhaps more for very long URLs) lines, so middle-mouse won't
work and I have to manually paste the lines in the browser.

Anybody has a gnus way of coping with this?

Thanks.

-kin

* Re: gnus: split URL
@ 2004-09-09 16:33 ` Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk @ 2004-09-09 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kin Cho <ignore-this-prefixkin@techie.com> writes:

> Sometimes I get mail with embedded URLs that are split into two
> (or perhaps more for very long URLs) lines, so middle-mouse won't
> work and I have to manually paste the lines in the browser.
>
> Anybody has a gnus way of coping with this?

W u

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak@knm.org.pl

* Re: gnus: split URL
@ 2004-09-09 17:19 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-09-09 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 09 2004, Kin Cho wrote:

> Sometimes I get mail with embedded URLs that are split into two
> (or perhaps more for very long URLs) lines, so middle-mouse won't
> work and I have to manually paste the lines in the browser.

Apropos is your friend:

,----[ C-h a split.*url RET ]
| gnus-article-unsplit-urls     M-x gnus-article-unsplit-urls RET
|   Command: Remove the newlines that some other mailers insert into URLs.
`----

And the command `i' in info, too (`C-h i d m gnus RET i url RET ,'):

,----[ (info "(gnus)Article Washing") ]
| `W u'
|      Remove newlines from within URLs.  Some mailers insert newlines
|      into outgoing email messages to keep lines short.  This
|      reformatting can split long URLs onto multiple lines.  Repair
|      those URLs by removing the newlines (`gnus-article-unsplit-urls').
`----

You can also find it in the menu: <menu-bar> <article> <washing>
<unsplit urls>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,