all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* searching for non ascii characters
@ 2005-08-02 20:27 Radomir Hejl
       [not found] ` <mailman.2370.1123016502.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Radomir Hejl @ 2005-08-02 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
when in a text mode, I usually use input method. I am able to find any character
with C-s. After saving and reading the file from a disc non ascii characters
cannot be found. When I do C-u C-x C-= on non ascii char before saving I see
a charset latin-iso8859-2. Doing C-u C-x C-= after saving there's usually
mule-unicode-0100-24ff or latin-iso8859-1 charset.

So now I can only search with success for ascii chars. What should I trim in
emacs so that the searching be efficient?
I already asked in comp.emacs with no response.

Thanks, Radek.