all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "hexl-mode" bug
@ 2003-08-12 20:27 Warmbold, Conrad
From: Warmbold, Conrad @ 2003-08-12 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

While working, it seems as if in "hexl-mode" emacs misinterpreted some
characters and listed characters that were altogether manifested.  I'm
reporting this to possibly help development and/or find out if anyone else
has had similar problems.  Please let me know...

Conrad Warmbold

Software Development Co-op

St. Jude Medical, CRMD

Washington University

*****************************
This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not a named
addressee, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the
sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and
delete it from your computer. Thank you. St. Jude Medical, Inc.

* Re: "hexl-mode" bug
@ 2003-08-13  5:48 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-08-13  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> From: "Warmbold, Conrad" <CWarmbold@sjm.com>
> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:27:45 -0700
>
> While working, it seems as if in "hexl-mode" emacs misinterpreted some
> characters and listed characters that were altogether manifested.  I'm
> reporting this to possibly help development and/or find out if anyone else
> has had similar problems.  Please let me know...

Thanks, but this is nowhere near the information we need to
understand the bug and fix it.  Please provide more specific
information, including the version of Emacs you are using, what
characters were ``misinterpreted'' and how, and the precise recipe to
reproduce the problem.

Please read the section "Reporting Bugs" in the Emacs manual for more
details.  In particular, it describes the command `report-emacs-bug'
you should use to do that.

Thanks in advance.