all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* setting frame-title-format to current buffer
@ 2005-11-27  1:53 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2005-11-27  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

At some point in the past, while messing around, I
added this to my .emacs:

(setq frame-title-format "HELLO WORLD")

One result of this is that as I alt-tab through my
running applications in gnome, the text under each and
every emacs frame reads 'HELLO WORLD' which is not so
helpful.  I'd like it if it could always be set to the
buffer name so I'd know which frame was which.  I've
not got my feet too wet yet with lisp so I'm not
really sure how to proceed.  I looked around for a
function/variable named buffer-name or similar but
couldn't find anything.  Even if I could though I'm
not sure where I'd put the call to (setq) such that it
would get called in such a manner as to always reflect
the current value.  I'm sure this is doable and
probably even trivial so if anyone could point me in
the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

-exits

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

* Re: setting frame-title-format to current buffer
       [not found] <mailman.16869.1133056396.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-11-27  2:47 ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2005-11-27  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    exits> I'd like it if it could always be set to the buffer name so I'd know
    exits> which frame was which.

(setq frame-title-format '("%b"))

Take a look at the docs.

C-h v frame-title-format RET

&&

C-h v mode-line-format RET

* Re: setting frame-title-format to current buffer
@ 2005-11-28  0:29   ` exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2005-11-28  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks!  I expected it to be easy, but not *that* easy
:)

-exits

http://mail.yahoo.com