all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CVS emacs: "nmake bootstrap" failure
@ 2006-04-10  7:57 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2006-04-10  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier

Hi,
 In the Lisp_Process structure, there is a reference to "pid_t". There
is no header file which specifies the primitive data type of "pid_t"
(aka: typedef int pid_t;). This causes the build to fail (on W2K).

-dhruva

--
dhruva (dk)
Views expressed in this email are my personal views unless explicitly mentioned.

* Re: CVS emacs: "nmake bootstrap" failure
@ 2006-04-10  8:00 ` Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2006-04-10  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier

Sorry for the incomplete information. It fails using MSVC on W2K. I
have no problems with MinGW (GCC) though!

-dk

@ 2006-04-10 20:13   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-04-10 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier, emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:30:04 +0530
> From: "Dhruva Krishnamurthy" <dhruvakm@gmail.com>
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
>
> Sorry for the incomplete information. It fails using MSVC on W2K. I
> have no problems with MinGW (GCC) though!

MSVC is not a Posix compliant compiler, so it's a small wonder it
doesn't know about pid_t.

> On 4/10/06, Dhruva Krishnamurthy <dhruvakm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  In the Lisp_Process structure, there is a reference to "pid_t". There
> > is no header file which specifies the primitive data type of "pid_t"
> > (aka: typedef int pid_t;). This causes the build to fail (on W2K).

Please try again, I think I fixed this.

(In the future, please always show the exact error message(s) from the
compiler, as it can be quite frustrating to look for the offending
lines in all the numerous source files.)