all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* build emacs without any kind of image support
@ 2005-03-20  8:30 felix
From: felix @ 2005-03-20  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone.

I run my own build of cvs emacs on my winxp box, and I wish I can get
rid of all the image stuff. I know that the 21.3 release does not
contain image support on win32, but I want the features of the cvs
version. I already configured emacs with "--withou-png --withou-jpeg
..." but it seems I just cannot disable the native image formats such as
xbm and pbm. Is there anyway to build a gui emacs without any image?

--
Felix

* Re: build emacs without any kind of image support
@ 2005-03-20 12:38 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2005-03-20 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

felix <felix@hell.org> writes:

> ..." but it seems I just cannot disable the native image formats such
> as xbm and pbm. Is there anyway to build a gui emacs without any
> image?

No. What advantage is there in doing that?