all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-28  2:54 It's me FKtPp ;)
From: It's me FKtPp ;) @ 2006-03-28  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

I installed newest emacs 23.0.0.1 from CVS, but the movemail didn't get
installed after running `make install'.

I noticed the file `lib-src/Makefile.in' contains:

INSTALLABLES = etags${EXEEXT} ctags${EXEEXT} emacsclient${EXEEXT}
b2m${EXEEXT} ebrowse${EXEEXT}

It seemed the `movemail' will never get installed. or, if it's my fault,
 what exactly control the installation of `movemail' binary? lack of
header files? libs?

* Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-28  9:32 ` wensa
From: wensa @ 2006-03-28  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

emacs 23 ??

Is that true?

* Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-28 10:08   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-28 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.03.2006 um 11:32 schrieb wensa:

> emacs 23 ??
>
> Is that true?

Yes, it exists! It's meant to use Unicode, but it's buggy. For
example it does not seem to use fontsets, but using a single font is
not perfect because they all have gaps somewhere. It too is missing
some means to display correctly decomposed UTF-8 characters (shell,
dired). (And since recently I am sure there is a real bug in tar-mode.)

You can get it from here:

	cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d emacs-
unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs

Later a 'cvs up' is enough. (Periodically for weeks no updates from
GNU Emacs 22 code or own code are added, so cvs up will not bring any
new.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
typographic excellence?'' -- Peter Flynn

* Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-28 11:45     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-03-28 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:08:45 +0200
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> > emacs 23 ??
> >
> > Is that true?
>
> Yes, it exists! It's meant to use Unicode, but it's buggy.

Correction: not buggy, unstable.  The Unicode version of Emacs is
still in the very early stages of development, so whoever uses it does
so on their own risk.

Children, don't try that at home!

* Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-28 19:40     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-28 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wensa

Am 28.03.2006 um 12:08 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> (And since recently I am sure there is a real bug in tar-mode.)

It's solved by Kenichi Handa.

--
Geetings

   Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.       -- H. L. Mencken

* Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
@ 2006-03-29  8:52 ` It's me FKtPp ;)
From: It's me FKtPp ;) @ 2006-03-29  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's me FKtPp ;) wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I installed newest emacs 23.0.0.1 from CVS, but the movemail didn't get
> installed after running `make install'.
>
> I noticed the file `lib-src/Makefile.in' contains:
>
> INSTALLABLES = etags${EXEEXT} ctags${EXEEXT} emacsclient${EXEEXT}
> b2m${EXEEXT} ebrowse${EXEEXT}
>
> It seemed the `movemail' will never get installed. or, if it's my fault,
>  what exactly control the installation of `movemail' binary? lack of
> header files? libs?

The movemail is installed.

Sorry for my stupid question...