all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Detaching a slime lisp process via screen: problems with unicode data
@ 2007-08-03 22:45 Jens Teich
From: Jens Teich @ 2007-08-03 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks again for the help setting up my slime lisp process via screen. I can
perfectly connect an disconnect.

But when reading unicode data an error arises which crashes the slime session

| Slime:
| Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256
|
| sbcl:
| Event history end.
| Connection to Emacs lost. [
| condition: Unable to display error condition: #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM>
|            for "a socket" (BCAAB19) is closed.
| type:      SB-INT:STREAM-ENCODING-ERROR
| encoding:  :ISO-LATIN-1-UNIX style: :SPAWN dedicated: NIL]

This doesn't happen when I start the lisp without screen directly via
M-x slime. So this is not really an emacs question, but: how do I convince
the screen command to behave correctly?

Jens

* Re: Detaching a slime lisp process via screen: problems with unicode data
@ 2007-08-04  6:55 ` Jens Teich
From: Jens Teich @ 2007-08-04  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jens Teich <info@jensteich.de> writes:

> Thanks again for the help setting up my slime lisp process via screen. I can
> perfectly connect an disconnect.
>
> But when reading unicode data an error arises which crashes the slime session
>
> | Slime:
> | Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256
> |
> | sbcl:
> | Event history end.
> | Connection to Emacs lost. [
> | condition: Unable to display error condition: #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM>
> |            for "a socket" (BCAAB19) is closed.
> | type:      SB-INT:STREAM-ENCODING-ERROR
> | encoding:  :ISO-LATIN-1-UNIX style: :SPAWN dedicated: NIL]
>
> This doesn't happen when I start the lisp without screen directly via
> M-x slime. So this is not really an emacs question, but: how do I convince
> the screen command to behave correctly?
>
> Jens

Problem solved, the screen process swallowed error messages.

jens