all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* recentf and directories
@ 2003-11-03  5:11 geotal
From: geotal @ 2003-11-03  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two features that would be very useful in recentf and are not present:

1.  Ability to include in the recent files list the recently visited
    directories.  Or better yet, a submenu with the recently visited
    directories. I find myself having to use bookmarks for frequently
    used directories, which is not the most efficient strategy.

2. Having an ignore regexp:  files that match not to be included in
   the recent files list. .bbdb, .eld (gnus), etc. are not explicitly
   visited and don't need to be there.

Thanks,

geotal

* Re: recentf and directories
@ 2003-11-03  6:51 ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2003-11-03  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003, geotal wrote:

> 2. Having an ignore regexp:  files that match not to be included in
>    the recent files list. .bbdb, .eld (gnus), etc. are not
>    explicitly visited and don't need to be there.

Doesn't recentf-exclude do this? It does for me

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Fleece me to reply

* Re: recentf and directories
@ 2003-11-03 17:06 ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2003-11-03 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003, geo.tal@verizon.net wrote:

>  Two features that would be very useful in recentf and are not present:
>
>  1.  Ability to include in the recent files list the recently visited
>      directories.  Or better yet, a submenu with the recently visited
>      directories. I find myself having to use bookmarks for frequently
>      used directories, which is not the most efficient strategy.

Yes, i agree too - would be useful.

>  2. Having an ignore regexp:  files that match not to be included in
>     the recent files list. .bbdb, .eld (gnus), etc. are not explicitly
>     visited and don't need to be there.

See recentf-exclude ;-)

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: recentf and directories
@ 2003-11-03 21:48   ` geotal
From: geotal @ 2003-11-03 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:

> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003, geo.tal@verizon.net wrote:
>

>>  Two features that would be very useful in recentf and are not present:
>>
>>  1.  Ability to include in the recent files list the recently visited
>>      directories.  Or better yet, a submenu with the recently visited
>>      directories. I find myself having to use bookmarks for frequently
>>      used directories, which is not the most efficient strategy.
>
> Yes, i agree too - would be useful.
>

>>  2. Having an ignore regexp:  files that match not to be included in
>>     the recent files list. .bbdb, .eld (gnus), etc. are not explicitly
>>     visited and don't need to be there.
>>

> See recentf-exclude ;-)

Missed recentf-exclude :-)

geotal