all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* control commands in replies to existing bugs
@ 2008-07-01  7:14 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-07-01  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Don Armstrong

I noticed some people try to use control commands at the start of
replies to existing bugs. This doesn't seem to work. It only seems to
be documented that one must send such commands separately to
control@emacsbugs, but I just wanted to check that was the case.

Eg http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=25#20

* Re: control commands in replies to existing bugs
@ 2008-07-01 19:10 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-07-01 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> I noticed some people try to use control commands at the start of
> replies to existing bugs. This doesn't seem to work.

Off-list, Don points out the obvious: replies to bugs can be Cc'd to
the control server. Now I understand the point of the "thanks"
command...