all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* getting the "real" command in the `pre-command-hook'?!
@ 2004-01-29  8:53 Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-01-29  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Regardless which interactive command XXX i call via M-x XXX RET i always get
`minibuffer-complete-and-exit' as content of `this-command' in the
`pre-command-hook' direct before running XXX.

Sure, this is not against the documentation of `this-command' but now I'm
wondering how can i get the name "XXX" in the `pre-command-hook' direct before
XXX runs? Seems that `this-command' is not what i need ;-)

With other words: I need the symbol-name of the current running command in the
`pre-command-hook' and i need the REAL command not the
minibuffer-exiting-command!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-29  8:53 UTC | newest]