all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with emacs and ispell on XP
@ 2006-11-27 13:05 Kylltrog
From: Kylltrog @ 2006-11-27 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Hallo,

I have the following problemon these XP-versions:

- when I use ispell in emacs (both NOT cygwin-version), emacs crashes
really!

The version are:

GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.)

International Ispell Version 3.3.02 12 Jun 2005 (Copyright (c), 1983,
by Pace Willisson)

Is there a way to use these versions together. Ispell won't work in
emacs. And I don't know why? Other tools work with these emacs-version
perfectly.

Must I use a special ispell-version?

Greetings, Kylltrog

* Re: Problem with emacs and ispell on XP
@ 2006-11-27 16:28 ` Lennart Borgman
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-11-27 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Kylltrog wrote:
>   Hallo,
>
> I have the following problemon these XP-versions:
>
> - when I use ispell in emacs (both NOT cygwin-version), emacs crashes
> really!
>
> The version are:
>
> GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.)
>
> International Ispell Version 3.3.02 12 Jun 2005 (Copyright (c), 1983,
> by Pace Willisson)
>
> Is there a way to use these versions together. Ispell won't work in
> emacs. And I don't know why? Other tools work with these emacs-version
> perfectly.
>
> Must I use a special ispell-version?

Could you perhaps try with the CVS version of Emacs? This is the next
version to be released and it is currently in pretest and very stable.
See EmacsWiki for how to get precompiled binaries:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

I think there is a bit more about ispell/aspell there too (but I do not
remember now).

* Re: Problem with emacs and ispell on XP
@ 2006-11-27 20:16 ` Chris McMahan
       [not found] ` <mailman.1185.1164656006.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Chris McMahan @ 2006-11-27 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using aspell successfully with the CVS version of emacs.

Emacs 22.0.50.1 on NT (not Cygwin)
Aspell 0.50.3 (Ispell Version 3.1.20)

I can send my configuration if you would like.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)
  =ooO=(_)=Ooo=====================================

* Re: Problem with emacs and ispell on XP
@ 2006-11-28  4:12 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.1185.1164656006.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-11-28  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: "Kylltrog" <jenskl@tzi.de>
> Date: 27 Nov 2006 05:05:37 -0800
>
> International Ispell Version 3.3.02 12 Jun 2005 (Copyright (c), 1983,
> by Pace Willisson)

Where did you get this port of Ispell?

> Ispell won't work in emacs.

It does for me, but I probably use a different port of Ispell.

@ 2006-12-01 14:40   ` Kylltrog
From: Kylltrog @ 2006-12-01 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all! This new emacs-version does it!

I'm sorry, but I couldn't reply immediately.

Best greetings, Kylltrog