all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rmail reply
@ 2005-06-22 15:04 rusty
From: rusty @ 2005-06-22 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to have emacs set so that whenever you reply to a
message it automatically yanks into your response the message you're
replying to?  I.e., an automatic c-c c-y.  Coworkers are unhappy with
me because I always forget to include their original email I'm
responding to.

Thanks

* Re: rmail reply
@ 2005-06-24  8:42 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2005-06-24  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

rusty@grunt.berkeley.edu writes:

> Is there a way to have emacs set so that whenever you reply to a
> message it automatically yanks into your response the message you're
> replying to?  I.e., an automatic c-c c-y.  Coworkers are unhappy with
> me because I always forget to include their original email I'm
> responding to.
>
> Thanks

In some instances, this can depend on the mail package you are
using. However, there are two packages which do this to varying levels
- sc (supercite) and (I think its called) tc (trivialcite).

supercite is included with emacs, not sure about trivialcite. You
might find out more at the emacs wiki website http://www.emacswiki.org

Tim

--
Tim Cross

* Re: rmail reply
@ 2005-06-24 10:51   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-06-24 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Tim X <timx@spamto.devnul.com>
> Date: 24 Jun 2005 18:42:23 +1000
>
> rusty@grunt.berkeley.edu writes:
>
> > Is there a way to have emacs set so that whenever you reply to a
> > message it automatically yanks into your response the message you're
> > replying to?  I.e., an automatic c-c c-y.  Coworkers are unhappy with
> > me because I always forget to include their original email I'm
> > responding to.
>
> In some instances, this can depend on the mail package you are
> using. However, there are two packages which do this to varying levels
> - sc (supercite) and (I think its called) tc (trivialcite).

I think the OP can use mail-setup-hook to automatically quote the
message in a reply.