all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs -nw conflicts with (set-foreground-color "xxx")
@ 2007-10-08 18:10 sigma.sullivan
From: sigma.sullivan @ 2007-10-08 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: sigma.sullivan

Hi,

When I run "emacs -nw" in an xterm or konsole, the colors all come out
wrong.

When I use emacs without "-nw" the colors are fine,
and when I don't specify colors in the .emacs file then emacs
accurately picks up the konsole
defaults.  But with both "-nw" and colors in the .emacs file, it's as
if all the colors are
blended with gray.

My .emacs file contains:
(set-foreground-color "black")
(set-background-color "#ffff00")
I'm running emacs 21.4.1 on Debian sarge, kernel 2.6.18, with KDE on
intel 32-bit hardware.

I often need emacs -nw when using X-less situations ... is there a way
I can specify
the foreground and background colors?

Many thanks,

Steve