all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs bug?
@ 2002-11-26 11:34 Zinosat
From: Zinosat @ 2002-11-26 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on Windows NT and I found a way to trigger
a simple bug using a wheel mouse (sorry if it's already known!):

1) Open a C or C++ source file or a Makefile (when in other modes like
Shell-script mode or dired mode it doesn't happen... haven't tested it
too much though!); the file has to be longer than a
"screenshot"... take a source file which is at least 200 lines!!!

2)
move the emacs window down so that it is half visible (i.e you
can't see the minibuffer and part of the buffer)

3)
use the mouse wheel (mmmm. I just tried and seems to happen with the scroll bar
as well...) and scroll down

On my computer I have to redraw emacs' window via C-l because Windows'
taskbar (is it the right name?!?!) overlaps mi C code...

Sorry for my english... I hope I've been decently clear!

Ciao

Davide

* RE: Emacs bug?
@ 2002-11-26 16:17 Bingham, Jay
From: Bingham, Jay @ 2002-11-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just tried this and cannot see any thing that appears abnormal.  I tried it with the task bar in auto hide and not in auto hide.  I am running emacs 21.2 on Windows 2000, on a Compaq Deskpro with a Compaq P1100 monitor.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Product Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.          -Dr. George W. Crane-

       [not found] <mailman.1038327562.5989.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-26 22:51 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2002-11-26 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bingham, Jay" <Jay.Bingham@hp.com> writes:

> I just tried this and cannot see any thing that appears abnormal.  I
> tried it with the task bar in auto hide and not in auto hide.  I am
> running emacs 21.2 on Windows 2000, on a Compaq Deskpro with a
> Compaq P1100 monitor.

I think this particular bug is video driver specific. It was fixed in
the CVS head shortly after 21.1 was released, but the fix causes other
problems on the release branch, so 21.2 and the forthcoming 21.3
still have the bug.

I thought it was mentioned in etc/PROBLEMS already, but it appears not.

* Re: Emacs bug?
@ 2002-11-27 14:08   ` Zinosat
From: Zinosat @ 2002-11-27 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason,
thanx for your info.
I just thoyght it was weird because it only happens within certain modes...

regards,

Davide