all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [probably OT] cut&paste problem emacs-Mozilla
@ 2002-11-13 23:27 Jdev
From: Jdev @ 2002-11-13 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello to all! I'm new (gnu) here but not in emacs i love it! ;-)
I'm start asking a question probably not 100% emacs related hint me to
post elsewhere if you mind.
I'm recently switched to mdk 8.2 with emacs 21.1 and I can't kill&yank
(cut&paste)from emacs to any mozilla (0.98) application (browser mail
ecc). This also happen with Sylpheed (MUA), but I'm unable also to c&p
also from Konsole to Moz. but it works from konsole to emacs. Probably
this is not an emacs problem but if you can hint me in any directions it
will be appreciated!
ty
Eli Spizzichino

* Re: [probably OT] cut&paste problem emacs-Mozilla
       [not found] <mailman.1037230892.6509.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-14 21:27 ` Richard V. Molen
From: Richard V. Molen @ 2002-11-14 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jdev <jdev@javanet.info> writes:

> Hello to all! I'm new (gnu) here but not in emacs i love it! ;-)
> I'm start asking a question probably not 100% emacs related hint me to
> post elsewhere if you mind.
> I'm recently switched to mdk 8.2 with emacs 21.1 and I can't kill&yank
> (cut&paste)from emacs to any mozilla (0.98) application (browser mail
> ecc). This also happen with Sylpheed (MUA), but I'm unable also to c&p
> also from Konsole to Moz. but it works from konsole to emacs. Probably
> this is not an emacs problem but if you can hint me in any directions it
> will be appreciated!
> ty
> Eli Spizzichino

Try
M-x clipboard-kill-ring-save  to copy from Emacs
M-x clipboard-yank            to paste into Emacs

--
Richard V. Molen

Warning!!
Signature under construction, safety glasses required.

@ 2002-11-15 19:10 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-11-15 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jdev wrote:

> Hello to all! I'm new (gnu) here but not in emacs i love it! ;-)
> I'm start asking a question probably not 100% emacs related hint me to
> post elsewhere if you mind.
> I'm recently switched to mdk 8.2 with emacs 21.1 and I can't kill&yank
> (cut&paste)from emacs to any mozilla (0.98) application (browser mail
> ecc). This also happen with Sylpheed (MUA), but I'm unable also to c&p
> also from Konsole to Moz. but it works from konsole to emacs. Probably
> this is not an emacs problem but if you can hint me in any directions it
> will be appreciated!
> ty
> Eli Spizzichino

I had the same problem but found that turning on Klipper helps alot.  I
usually find I copy the text, go to mozilla, then select the text from
klipper and paste it.

chris,

--
for personal replies change spamoff to chris