all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Customize closes .emacs buffer
@ 2003-06-30 16:54 Jeffery B. Rancier
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2003-06-30 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I have ~/.emacs open in a buffer, customize something, and 'save
for future sessions', the buffer appears to close.

Is that the normal behaviour?

I'm running GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2003-03-27 on
buffy on Windows XP Pro.
Jeff
,----
| Jeffery B. Rancier
|
| Softechnics
| a METTLER TOLEDO company
`----

* Re: Customize closes .emacs buffer
       [not found] <mailman.8906.1056993216.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-30 20:24 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-30 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:

> If I have ~/.emacs open in a buffer, customize something, and 'save
> for future sessions', the buffer appears to close.
>
> Is that the normal behaviour?

Yes.  There was a discussion about it recently, saying that if there
was a .emacs buffer already, then save for future sessions should
abstain from closing it.
--
PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM COMING FROM foo

* Re: Customize closes .emacs buffer
@ 2003-06-30 20:36   ` Jeffery B. Rancier
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2003-06-30 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:
>
>> If I have ~/.emacs open in a buffer, customize something, and 'save
>> for future sessions', the buffer appears to close.
>>
>> Is that the normal behaviour?
>
> Yes.  There was a discussion about it recently, saying that if there
> was a .emacs buffer already, then save for future sessions should
> abstain from closing it.

So it's been reported as a bug already?  I don't have to, seeing that
it's not exercising abstinence?
Jeff
,----

`----