all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs minibuffer - text wrapping of code completion hints from SLIME
@ 2007-12-01 22:34 joubert.nel
From: joubert.nel @ 2007-12-01 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting text to wrap in the minibuffer.

I've done (setq resize-mini-windows nil) in my .emacs file and used my
mouse to increase the minibuffer's height.

However, when code-completion text is automatically put there by SLIME
(for Common Lisp hacking) and it doesn't fit the width, there's no
text wrapping - i.e. only the 1st line of the minibuffer contains
text.

Any ideas?

Joubert

* Re: Emacs minibuffer - text wrapping of code completion hints from SLIME
@ 2007-12-02  3:10 ` David Golden
From: David Golden @ 2007-12-02  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

joubert.nel@gmail.com wrote:

> However, when code-completion text is automatically put there by SLIME
> (for Common Lisp hacking) and it doesn't fit the width, there's no
> text wrapping - i.e. only the 1st line of the minibuffer contains
> text.
>
> Any ideas?

Not sure (as usual, might be better directed to the slime mailing
list...), but you might want to look into

M-x customize-variable
slime-autodoc-use-multiline-p

(though it sounds like you _don't_ want the minibuffer
itself resizing, ho hum)