all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ecb and buffer switching
@ 2003-10-30 15:12 Vincenzo Di Somma
From: Vincenzo Di Somma @ 2003-10-30 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: ecb and buffer switching
       [not found] <mailman.2820.1067527591.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-30 18:11 ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2003-10-30 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

The ecb info file is a big help on this. You can also get the
quick-n-dirty explaination within ecb by typing C-h k for the current
mode's keybindings:

The keybinding for this recently changed, but in version 1.96 the
following applies:

C-c . g b	ecb-goto-window-speedbar
C-c . g h	ecb-goto-window-history
C-c . g m	ecb-goto-window-methods
C-c . g s	ecb-goto-window-sources
C-c . g d	ecb-goto-window-directories
C-c . g c	ecb-goto-window-compilation
C-c . g 1	ecb-goto-window-edit1
C-c . g 2	ecb-goto-window-edit2

- Chris McMahan

--
     (.   .)
  =ooO=(_)=Ooo========================

* Re: ecb and buffer switching
@ 2003-10-30 19:04   ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2003-10-30 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris McMahan <cmcmahan@thenumber1spelledout.net> writes:

Oops, sorry to follow up on my own post, but I meant C-h m for the
quick-n-dirty explaination, not C-h k (that's for a specific
keybinding).

- Chris

--
     (.   .)

@ 2003-10-31 13:58   ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2003-10-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Oct 2003, Chris McMahan wrote:

>  The ecb info file is a big help on this. You can also get the
>  quick-n-dirty explaination within ecb by typing C-h k for the current
>  mode's keybindings:

Thanks for pointing him to the ecb-info manual - because for this sake it has
been written ;-) If something is not explained or not findable or explained
in a bad manner then please report this to the ECB-mailing-list.

>  The keybinding for this recently changed, but in version 1.96 the
>  following applies:
>
>  C-c . g b	ecb-goto-window-speedbar
>  C-c . g h	ecb-goto-window-history
>  C-c . g m	ecb-goto-window-methods
>  C-c . g s	ecb-goto-window-sources
>  C-c . g d	ecb-goto-window-directories
>  C-c . g c	ecb-goto-window-compilation
>  C-c . g 1	ecb-goto-window-edit1
>  C-c . g 2	ecb-goto-window-edit2

If these binding are too "long" for you (i.e. too many keys to press) then
take a look at the option *ecb-mode-line-display-window-number*:

,----
| ecb-mode-line-display-window-number's value is t
|
| Documentation:
| *Display in the modeline of every special ECB-window the window-number.
| The left-top-most window in a frame has the window-number 0 and all other
| windows are numbered with increasing numbers in the sequence, functions like
| `other-window' or `next-window' would walk through the frame.
|
| This can be used to jump to windows by number with commands like:
|
|   (defun my-switch-to-window-number (number)
|     "Switch to the nth window"
|     (interactive "P")
|     (if (integerp number)
|         (select-window (nth number (window-list)))))
|
| Currently this feature is only available for GNU Emacs 21.X, because neither
| GNU Emacs < 21 nor XEmacs can evaluate dynamically forms in the mode-line.
`----

With this you can switch to any window/buffer of ECB with just one key...

Klaus

>  - Chris McMahan
>
>  Vincenzo Di Somma <vincenzo@reflab.it> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> > is there a way to switch between buffer in ecb instaed of C-o ?
> > Something to swtch directy to a specific buffer for example ?
> > Thanks.
> >   Vincenzo.
> > --
> >
> > Vincenzo Di Somma (vds) - REFLAB