all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CVS Bug?  Losing auto save files
@ 2003-11-27  4:29 Dan Anderson
       [not found] ` <mailman.691.1069916217.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-11-27  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

        I'm  following  the CVS  version  of  Emacs.   My ssh  session
crashed, and I M-x recover-file to the  file.  But I had a copy of the
file open,  so I get  an error  like "can't work  on the file".   So I
close the file and  try to recover file it and no  dice -- the recover
file was deleted.

A) Is there any way to get back my work?
B) Is this  a bug or was I  just really dumb to open  the file without
recovering it?
C) Is there a gnusgroup for bugs / CVS emacs so I don't need to bother
people here??

Thanks,

Dan