all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How use emacs to organize idea for a presentation
@ 2004-06-14  7:51 Giannandrea Castaldi
From: Giannandrea Castaldi @ 2004-06-14  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm using emacs for a while and now I'd like to use it for preparing a
presentation. Usually I use mind manager, a graphic tool that allows to
organize ideas as a tree map and easly move nodes.
Now I want to work in text mode with emacs with the possibility of:
* easly move nodes/chapters
* close/expand the content of the nodes

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Giannandrea

* Re: How use emacs to organize idea for a presentation
@ 2004-06-14  8:23 ` Scott Andrew Borton
From: Scott Andrew Borton @ 2004-06-14  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giannandrea Castaldi <g.castal@tiscali.it> writes:

> Now I want to work in text mode with emacs with the possibility of:
> * easly move nodes/chapters
> * close/expand the content of the nodes

You can try outline-mode, which should be part of your emacs distribution.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OutlineMode

--scott

* Re: How use emacs to organize idea for a presentation
@ 2004-06-14 10:58   ` Giannandrea Castaldi
From: Giannandrea Castaldi @ 2004-06-14 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Scott Andrew Borton wrote:
> Giannandrea Castaldi <g.castal@tiscali.it> writes:
>

>>Now I want to work in text mode with emacs with the possibility of:
>>* easly move nodes/chapters
>>* close/expand the content of the nodes
>

> You can try outline-mode, which should be part of your emacs distribution.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OutlineMode
>

> --scott
Thanks a lot.

@ 2004-06-15  8:56 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2004-06-15  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Giannandrea> Hi, I'm using emacs for a while and now I'd like to use
 Giannandrea> it for preparing a presentation. Usually I use mind
 Giannandrea> manager, a graphic tool that allows to organize ideas as
 Giannandrea> a tree map and easly move nodes.  Now I want to work in
 Giannandrea> text mode with emacs with the possibility of: * easly
 Giannandrea> move nodes/chapters * close/expand the content of the
 Giannandrea> nodes

 Giannandrea> Any suggestion?

Check out planner-mode - this is not a bad mode for setting out a
project plan etc. You also have outline-mode and there is e-point mode
(I think thats what its called) which is a presentation mode for
emacs. I've not used e-mode, but have read about it and it looks
interesting. I run Debian Linux and all these packages are available
as .deb packages, so you can install them easily with apt-get and try
them out (if your lucky enough to be running Debian that is!).

Tim

--
Tim Cross