all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* command to maximize emacs
@ 2002-11-25 17:23 Peter Lee
       [not found] ` <mailman.1038252395.2168.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Lee @ 2002-11-25 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been looking for a command to maximize emacs and am not having
any luck.  Is there a command to maximize/restore emacs?  I saw
iconify-frame and deiconify-frame, but nothing about maximizing.

Thanks.

* Re: command to maximize emacs
@ 2002-11-25 18:11 ` Jeff Rancier
       [not found] ` <mailman.1038252395.2168.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jeff Rancier @ 2002-11-25 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use the following to maximize my frame on startup (as well as other
things), maybe you can use some of this ...

(defun jbr-init ()
  "Called from term-setup-hook after the default terminal setup is
done or directly from startup if term-setup-hook not used.  The value
0xF030 is the command for maximizing a window."
  (interactive)
  (w32-send-sys-command ?\xf030)
  (ecb-redraw-layout)
  (diary 1)
  (flash-paren-mode 1)
  (calendar)
)

Jeff

@ 2002-11-25 21:29   ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2002-11-25 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeff Rancier" <jeff.rancier@softechnics.com> writes:

>   (w32-send-sys-command ?\xf030)

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for.  Seems like there would
be an emacs native command for doing this similar to iconify and
deiconify though.

* Re: command to maximize emacs
@ 2002-11-25 21:45     ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-11-25 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> writes:

> Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for.  Seems like there would
> be an emacs native command for doing this similar to iconify and
> deiconify though.

  There is `iconify-or-deiconify-frame', which seems to be X specific.
  If you know what codes to send via the w32-sys-whatever function it
  shouldn't be too hard to write your own.