all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cannot find sendmail.exe
@ 2004-09-12 16:50 Rokia
From: Rokia @ 2004-09-12 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can post article to news group. but cant send mail.

when I press 'C-c C-c' after I finish a letter,

it shows this error: no such file or directory, fakemail.

I've googled this error, somebody has the same problem, but it was
solved after he copy a fakemail.exe from the old version.

I didnt find fakemail.exe . could anybody give this file to me?

thanks. :)

---
sorry for my so many stupid questions.

* Re: cannot find sendmail.exe
@ 2004-09-12 17:53 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-09-12 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rokia <Rokia@yahoo.com.cn.discuss> writes:

> it shows this error: no such file or directory, fakemail.
>
> I've googled this error, somebody has the same problem, but it was
> solved after he copy a fakemail.exe from the old version.

That does not solve the problem. You do NOT want a copy of
fakemail on Windows. The old version of fakemail.exe that was
distributed with W32 Emacs binaries used to silently fail, making you
think your mail had been sent, when really it had been silently
deleted.

The answer for most Windows users is to configure Emacs to use
smtpmail.el for sending mail. This should be described in the NTEmacs
FAQ.

* Re: cannot find sendmail.exe
@ 2004-09-16 14:01   ` Cheng Gao
From: Cheng Gao @ 2004-09-16 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----
| The answer for most Windows users is to configure Emacs to use
| smtpmail.el for sending mail. This should be described in the NTEmacs
| FAQ.
`----
Or setup a local smtp service. My way is to install cygwin, and then
install exim package. It can be installed as a NT service via
cygrunserv. Exim is fairly easy to setup.

WTH.

--
古之存身者,不以辩饰知,不以知穷天下,不以知穷德,危然处其所而反其性,己又何为哉!
道固不小行,德固不小识。小识伤德,小行伤道。故曰:正己而已矣。