all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-08 20:00 Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2003-04-08 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a time-tracking tool for emacs. Currently I'm using
Kai Großjohanns worklog.el which lacks functions to summarize
my timesheet.

A google search showed a posting referencing Thomas
Gehrleins timelog.el, which seems to include this functionality, but I can't
find it. Any ideas where I might find it?

Any other packages that do this? I also tried timeclock.el but I don't like it.

Thanks in advance
Martin

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-08 20:18 ` Jesper Harder
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-04-08 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

> A google search showed a posting referencing Thomas Gehrleins
> timelog.el, which seems to include this functionality, but I can't
> find it. Any ideas where I might find it?

It was posted to gnu.emacs.sources <news:wkhev4jc5y.fsf@t-online.de>

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-08 20:38 ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 2003-04-08 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm looking for a time-tracking tool for emacs.

I use project.el[1] which I wrote.  An older version is at the link
below... I have a newer version in progress with better
summarization[2].  I wrote it to keep track of how much time is
involved in a given project, and it now has support for subprojects,
so I can log, for instance, testing vs. development time by project.

Mine doesn't keep track at all of what you get done in the time, just
how long it took.  Although, it might be a nice addition....

What exactly would you like a time-tracking tool to do?

Footnotes:
[1]  http://web.springies.com/~ats/emacs/project.el

[2]  Email me if you want to be a guinea pig.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Looking for a developer in St. Louis? http://web.springies.com/~ats/

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-08 20:52   ` Marco Parrone
From: Marco Parrone @ 2003-04-08 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-08 20:55 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-08 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm looking for a time-tracking tool for emacs. Currently I'm using
> Kai Großjohanns worklog.el which lacks functions to summarize
> my timesheet.

Maybe timeclock (not timelog) is useful?  It comes with Emacs.

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-09  9:14   ` Joseph Kiniry
From: Joseph Kiniry @ 2003-04-09  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> I'm looking for a time-tracking tool for emacs. Currently I'm using
>> Kai Großjohanns worklog.el which lacks functions to summarize
>> my timesheet.
>
> Maybe timeclock (not timelog) is useful?  It comes with Emacs.

I use timeclock and planner mode in conjugation and find them very
useful.  I get detailed tracking, summations, etc.  I also use it to
track time for consulting projects.

Joe

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-04-09 10:47 ` Francesco Scaglioni
From: Francesco Scaglioni @ 2003-04-09 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

timelog.el works a treat if you want every file visit
documented.  I archive the log files monthly.  If interested I
have a very primitive perl script ( I know it should be lisp )
that will analyse the files and output to a record file the hours
pent on particular projects and the billing information ( if you
enter an hourly rate when asked ) -- if any use then mail me off
list.

Regards

Francesco

* Re: Thomas Gehrlein's timelog.el
@ 2003-04-09 19:15     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-04-09 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joseph Kiniry wrote:

> I use timeclock and planner mode in conjugation and find them very

                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
                                       conjunction

M-x unspell

@ 2003-04-09 21:45     ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2003-04-09 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Di Apr 08 2003 at 22:52, Marco Parrone <marc0@autistici.org> wrote:

> Using Gnus, in the "*Group*" buffer:
>
> G w RET google RET timelog.el RET

Cool feature I didn't know about. Why does it show better results than
the web-based google search (which missed the gnu.emacs.sources
entries)?

@ 2003-04-09 21:48       ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-04-09 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

> Cool feature I didn't know about. Why does it show better results than
> the web-based google search (which missed the gnu.emacs.sources
> entries)?

Try <http://groups.google.com> or click on the "Groups" tab on the
normal Google result page.