all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* getting emacs 21.3 for windows?
@ 2003-08-18 20:50 Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-08-18 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all:

I'm currently using 21.2 on windows XP. I would like upgrade to 21.3 but
can't seem to find the full-bin version. I went
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest but this directory does not
currently seem to be valid.

Is there somewhere else? Thanks in advance.

--
Javier

* Re: getting emacs 21.3 for windows?
@ 2003-08-18 21:19 ` Bijan Soleymani
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2003-08-18 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Javier Oviedo" <email_joviedo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm currently using 21.2 on windows XP. I would like upgrade to 21.3 but
> can't seem to find the full-bin version. I went
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest but this directory does not
> currently seem to be valid.
>
> Is there somewhere else? Thanks in advance.

Sadly it seems that the gnu ftp has been hacked into. Although nothing
seems to have gone wrong, the folks at the FSF are still worried that
someone may have tampered with the files and haven't put everything
back online. For more info on this check out:
http://www.gnu.org

If you want a crazy cutting edge type version you can get the CVS
version compilled for windows from my website at:
http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/

It includes nice things like image support, calc, etc.

If you just want 21.3 I recommend you go to:
http://www.google.com

and search for emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz you should be able to
find a mirror that still carries that file. I know I was able to do
so.

Bijan

* Re: getting emacs 21.3 for windows?
@ 2003-08-18 23:21   ` Marcus Frings
       [not found]   ` <mailman.501.1061248919.29551.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Marcus Frings @ 2003-08-18 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:

> If you want a crazy cutting edge type version you can get the CVS
> version compilled for windows from my website at:
> http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/

Your version is from 2003-05-19. Somehow I remember that once you said
here or in another Emacs group you would compile a more recent binary of
the CVS tree in June or July. Will you do so?

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Tracer cartridges are used for target indication, fire adjustment, signal
purposes and destroying personnel. Tracer bullets can ignite. The path of the

@ 2003-08-18 23:46     ` Bijan Soleymani
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2003-08-18 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

> * Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want a crazy cutting edge type version you can get the CVS
>> version compilled for windows from my website at:
>> http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/
>
> Your version is from 2003-05-19. Somehow I remember that once you said
> here or in another Emacs group you would compile a more recent binary of
> the CVS tree in June or July. Will you do so?

I did say it, so I'll guess I'll do it. I don't have access to the
computer I used the last time I built it, so I'll have to set things
up again. But I think I should be able to get my hands on a computer
with windows on it at work.

Bijan

@ 2003-08-19 13:21   ` Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-08-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the head up.

--
Javier

@ 2003-08-21 17:37       ` Bijan Soleymani
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2003-08-21 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

> Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:
>
> > * Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:
> >
> >> If you want a crazy cutting edge type version you can get the CVS
> >> version compilled for windows from my website at:
> >> http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/
> >
> > Your version is from 2003-05-19. Somehow I remember that once you said
> > here or in another Emacs group you would compile a more recent binary of
> > the CVS tree in June or July. Will you do so?
>
> I did say it, so I'll guess I'll do it. I don't have access to the
> computer I used the last time I built it, so I'll have to set things
> up again. But I think I should be able to get my hands on a computer
> with windows on it at work.

I've just compiled a new batch of emacs from CVS. Due to lack of
access to a Windows machine, I had to compile it on one of the
computer in the library at school.

Forgive me if this message ends up being all fubar, but I'm posting
from said computer in the library and didn't have all my .emacs and
.gnus configuration stuff with me.

I hope everyone enjoys it. I know I couldn't survive on Windows
without emacs. And of course perl, python, mozilla, putty, mingw(gcc),
psi(jabber client), gimp, videolan, and so on.

--

@ 2003-08-22 10:33         ` Oliver Scholz
From: Oliver Scholz @ 2003-08-22 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

[...]
> I hope everyone enjoys it. I know I couldn't survive on Windows
> without emacs. And of course perl, python, mozilla, putty, mingw(gcc),
> psi(jabber client), gimp, videolan, and so on.
[...]

Yes, I really know this. MS Windows stops being all that bad as soon
as you turn it into a GNU system with a weird kernel...

    Oliver
--
5 Fructidor an 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!