all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to auto-display picture ?
@ 2004-09-08  7:56 Rokia
From: Rokia @ 2004-09-08  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

now my gnus can display pictures. but it can show it only after click
the file name and press 'E'.

it's so boring. how can I make it display pics automatic?

thanks again and again.

* Re: how to auto-display picture ?
@ 2004-09-08  9:07 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-09-08  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 08 2004, Rokia wrote:

> now my gnus can display pictures. but it can show it only after click
> the file name and press 'E'.
>
> it's so boring. how can I make it display pics automatic?

By default, parts of type image/* are displayed automatically if they
can be displayed inline (see below).  AFAIK this should be the case
with your Emacs/21.3.50 (windows-nt) unless the image is too large (or
the image type isn't supported by Emacs).

Maybe you need to add "image/.*" to `mm-automatic-external-display'.

,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") ]
| `mm-inlined-types'
|      This, on the other hand, says what types are to be displayed
|      inline, if they satisfy the conditions set by the variable above.
|      It's a list of MIME media types.
|
| `mm-automatic-display'
|      This is a list of types that are to be displayed "automatically",
|      but only if the above variable allows it.  That is, only inlinable
|      parts can be displayed automatically.
|
| `mm-automatic-external-display'
|      This is a list of types that will be displayed automatically in an
|      external viewer.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: how to auto-display picture ?
@ 2004-09-08 14:19   ` rokia
From: rokia @ 2004-09-08 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

yeah, great. you are right.

the small pics can be displayed automatically.

now, I want to display the big pics automatically,too. how can I do?

--
世界上有三种人,一种使用 Emacs,一种使用 vi, 另一种包括其他所有人。

* Re: how to auto-display picture ?
@ 2004-09-08 15:50     ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-09-08 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h v mm-inline-large-images RET ]

| mm-inline-large-images's value is nil
|
| If non-nil, then all images fit in the buffer.
`----

NB: Please use gnu.emacs.gnus for Gnus related questions.
--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>