all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#6161: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug semantically-void text too high tech
@ 2010-05-10 19:24   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-05-10 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 6161; +Cc: rfrancoise

In report-emacs-bug, you may think that doing this makes things easier
on somebody,

            ;; Put these properties on semantically-void text.
            ;; report-emacs-bug-hook deletes these regions before sending.
            (prompt-properties '(field emacsbug-prompt
                                       intangible but-helpful
                                       rear-nonsticky t))

But it is definitely not the user, who is confused by the weird
paragraphs that the cursor jumps over etc.

In http://www.useit.com/alertbox/ we often learn to stick to
familiarity. I.e., just please go back to saying "delete everything
before this line before sending", else there is too much magic going on
and the user doubts the whole form.

Perhaps just employ experts variables like reportbug... (as this seems
like a Debian extension... as we see later in the file,

        (compose-mail report-emacs-bug-address topic
                      '(("Cc" . "rfrancoise@debian.org")))

)

* bug#6161: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug semantically-void text too high tech
       [not found] <mailman.11.1273521391.11383.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-05-10 20:31 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2010-05-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jidanni; +Cc: 6161

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Perhaps just employ experts variables like reportbug... (as this
> seems like a Debian extension... as we see later in the file,

>         (compose-mail report-emacs-bug-address topic
>                       '(("Cc" . "rfrancoise@debian.org")))

No, the only Debian change is to add the Cc.

* bug#6161: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug semantically-void text too high tech
@ 2010-05-10 20:39     ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-05-10 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: romain; +Cc: 6161

RF> No, the only Debian change is to add the Cc.

(Hmmm, idea: perhaps add comments ;;Debian modification begin/end
so it is clearer to the user what parts are Debianized...)

* bug#6161: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug semantically-void text too high tech
@ 2010-05-10 21:23   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-05-10 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romain Francoise; +Cc: 6161

Romain Francoise wrote:

>>         (compose-mail report-emacs-bug-address topic
>>                       '(("Cc" . "rfrancoise@debian.org")))
>
> No, the only Debian change is to add the Cc.

Please could you change it to X-Debbugs-Cc?