all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to configure emacs for printing
@ 2002-09-24 10:08 Christian Bockelmann
From: Christian Bockelmann @ 2002-09-24 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to configure the emacs print option. I found already a lot in the net
over this configuration but if I print with the new setting the layout isn't
correct. The text begins at the middel of the paper (with post script) and
with normal print the text was cut on the right site. Is there an option to
set print at A4-paper or can I get this information from other programs ?
I hope to hear from you soon.

Greats
Christian Bockelmann

* Re: How to configure emacs for printing
       [not found] <mailman.1032863182.28260.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-24 17:33 ` maierh
From: maierh @ 2002-09-24 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Bockelmann <Bockelmann@comparat.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to configure the emacs print option. I found already a lot in the net
> over this configuration but if I print with the new setting the layout isn't
> correct. The text begins at the middel of the paper (with post script) and
> with normal print the text was cut on the right site. Is there an option to
> set print at A4-paper or can I get this information from other programs ?
> I hope to hear from you soon.

For ps-print you can set the variable ps-print-page. You can customize
this variable with

,----[ customize ]
`----

,----[ elisp ]