all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problems displaying UTF-8 coded cyrillic characters in terminal mode
@ 2004-07-30  9:35 Kamen TOMOV
From: Kamen TOMOV @ 2004-07-30  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm having problems opening UTF-8 coded files containing text in
cyrillic in terminal mode. The text appears as '?'. Any other coding
is displayed properly (CP1251, ISO-8859-5, KOI8-R). The problem exists
only in terminal mode, e.g. if I start emacs in X mode, everything is
OK. I'm using GNU Emacs 21.3.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Kamen A. TOMOV