all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* browsing rpm packages' contents with emacs
@ 2006-02-24  9:43 Pawel
       [not found] ` <mailman.53.1140864069.5016.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Pawel @ 2006-02-24  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo

Is it possible to browse rpm packages' contents just like I can browse compressed archives ?

Greetings

* Re: browsing rpm packages' contents with emacs
@ 2006-02-25 10:40 ` ken
       [not found] ` <mailman.53.1140864069.5016.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: ken @ 2006-02-25 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pawel wrote:
> Hallo
>
> Is it possible to browse rpm packages' contents just like I can browse compressed archives ?
>
> Greetings

rpm -qpl some-package.rpm

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.

@ 2006-02-27 13:25   ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2006-02-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

ken <gebser@speakeasy.net> writes:

> Pawel wrote:
>> Hallo
>>
>> Is it possible to browse rpm packages' contents just like I can browse compressed archives ?
>>
>> Greetings
>
> rpm -qpl some-package.rpm

And how do you integrate that in Emacs to get what the parent poster
asks for?

* Re: browsing rpm packages' contents with emacs
@ 2006-03-01 10:17     ` venk
From: venk @ 2006-03-01 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mathias Dahl wrote:

> And how do you integrate that in Emacs to get what the parent poster
> asks for?

May be by using the rpm.el from
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/sje30/emacs/ell-date.html. I found this
link through google when looking for "Emacs rpm.el".

But I have not tried it myself yet.