all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tooltip of dictionary.el in Emacs 23
@ 2007-03-16  5:18 Xingang Zhang
From: Xingang Zhang @ 2007-03-16  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hello there,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post. If you know a
better group, please let me know.

OK, here is the problem. I installed the dictionary.el on my Emacs 23
unicode2 branch. Everything but the tooltip popup works fine. I
searched over the web and found a discussion somewhere to say it's
probably the fault of Emacs 23. I am wondering if anybody has a
solution of it?

thanks for your attention.

ethan

* Re: tooltip of dictionary.el in Emacs 23
@ 2007-03-16  6:31 ` Xingang Zhang
From: Xingang Zhang @ 2007-03-16  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Just found out a work-around at gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs.

Below is the message I cut from there. thanks Nick Roberts for his
insights.
-------------------------------------------------------X
You can get it to work as before by using:

  (defun my-tooltip-mode (&optional arg)
       ;; [snip]
       (gud-tooltip-mode 1)
        ^^^

Just modify the original dictionary.el. Search for the (tooltip-mode 1)
lines and replace with the above codes. I found and replaced two
cases. Also, don't forget to add the "(require 'gud)" to the
file. Now, everything back to work, temporarily. The problem with this
work around is obvious, I lost all the normal tool-tip from the menu
and mode-line. But it's ok.

If you have a better solution, please let me know. thanks again.