all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to use keyboard-translate to map 'Ins' to 'Ctrl'
@ 2006-05-26 23:45 tclin1998
From: tclin1998 @ 2006-05-26 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI:

I recently got a new keybord and it has 'Ins' at right bottom corner
which is 'Ctrl' in standard keyboard.

Q:
How to use keyboard-translate to remap ins to Ctrl_L?

^[[2~
the scan code for 'Ins' is (insert)
27 0x1B
91 0x5B
50 0x32
126 0x7E
10 0x0A

Thanks

-TCL

* Re: How to use keyboard-translate to map 'Ins' to 'Ctrl'
@ 2006-05-29  9:06 ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2006-05-29  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

tclin1998@gmail.com writes:

> I recently got a new keybord and it has 'Ins' at right bottom corner
> which is 'Ctrl' in standard keyboard.
>
> Q:
> How to use keyboard-translate to remap ins to Ctrl_L?

I had the same problem. I am using Windows XP and used the program
"Keytweak" to make the Insert key act like Ctrl and, because I need
the Insert key, I moved it to Scroll Lock which I never use.

Under GNU/Linux it's probably quite easy to change this with xmodmap
or similar.