all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* annoying mouse button behaviour
@ 2008-06-20 15:13 Jan
       [not found] ` <mailman.13650.1214029148.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jan @ 2008-06-20 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hello,

I've a a problem with the behaviour of the middle mouse button. This
button is used for paste in first but also for the context-menu of the
spelling checker. That's ok, but after using the the context-menu of
the spelling checker my emacs also paste in the text from the
clipboard. And that's really annoying, because I want to correct one
word and not paste in the clipboard. Can anyone find a solution?

cheers

* Re: annoying mouse button behaviour
@ 2008-06-21  6:19 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.13650.1214029148.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-06-21  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Jan <jan.teichmann@googlemail.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
>
> I've a a problem with the behaviour of the middle mouse button. This
> button is used for paste in first but also for the context-menu of the
> spelling checker. That's ok, but after using the the context-menu of
> the spelling checker my emacs also paste in the text from the
> clipboard. And that's really annoying, because I want to correct one
> word and not paste in the clipboard. Can anyone find a solution?

What Emacs version is that?  Older versions had this bug, but the
latest version 22 doesn't.

@ 2008-06-23 17:28   ` Jan
From: Jan @ 2008-06-23 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 21 Jun., 08:19, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: Jan <jan.teichm...@googlemail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > I've a a problem with the behaviour of the middle mouse button. This
> > button is used for paste in first but also for the context-menu of the
> > spelling checker. That's ok, but after using the the context-menu of
> > the spelling checker my emacs also paste in the text from the
> > clipboard. And that's really annoying, because I want to correct one
> > word and not paste in the clipboard. Can anyone find a solution?
>
> What Emacs version is that?  Older versions had this bug, but the
> latest version 22 doesn't.

I'm using the Emacs-Version 22.1.1 modified by ubuntu from the
official ubuntu repository

* Re: annoying mouse button behaviour
@ 2008-06-23 18:25     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-06-23 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Jan <jan.teichmann@googlemail.com>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
>
> On 21 Jun., 08:19, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > > From: Jan <jan.teichm...@googlemail.com>
> > > Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> > > I've a a problem with the behaviour of the middle mouse button. This
> > > button is used for paste in first but also for the context-menu of the
> > > spelling checker. That's ok, but after using the the context-menu of
> > > the spelling checker my emacs also paste in the text from the
> > > clipboard. And that's really annoying, because I want to correct one
> > > word and not paste in the clipboard. Can anyone find a solution?
> >
> > What Emacs version is that?  Older versions had this bug, but the
> > latest version 22 doesn't.
>
> I'm using the Emacs-Version 22.1.1 modified by ubuntu from the
> official ubuntu repository

Then try invoking Emacs as "emacs -Q", as there could be some
customizations Ubuntu forces upon you in site init file.  I don't see
this problem in Emacs 22.x, FWIW (but I'm not on Ubuntu).