all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Proplem with pc-selection-mode and S-insert
@ 2003-02-14 20:39 Anders Baumann
From: Anders Baumann @ 2003-02-14 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a problem with "pc-selection-mode" in Emacs.
I cannot seem to make S-insert work properly. When I press S-insert and I
have marked a region, the text in the kill ring should overwrite/replace
the marked region, but it does not. Instead the text in the kill ring is
inserted next to the text in the region. If I want to overwrite the region
I have to use M-y.

"Delete-selection-mode" is turned on. If I mark a region and starts
writing, the marked region will be overwritten.

I hope there is an Emacs expert that has an explanation to this
annoying little problem.

Thanks,

Anders Baumann

* Re: Proplem with pc-selection-mode and S-insert
@ 2003-02-15  8:51 ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2003-02-15  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: baumann

For all this stuff i recommend cua-mode which comes with cua.el which you can
find in the web!

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: Proplem with pc-selection-mode and S-insert
@ 2003-02-25 20:58   ` Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2003-02-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 Feb 2003, Klaus Berndl wrote:

> For all this stuff i recommend cua-mode which comes with cua.el
> which you can find in the web!

or cua-lite, and alternative to both pc-selection and cua.  It can be
found at:

   http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html

CUA emulator package for Emacs. There are three things that make this
package different from the others already out there:

1. it is a quasi-minor mode, meaning that it can be turned on & off
   easily (though only globally; hence the "quasi-")
2. it is easily extensible
3. it does NOT attempt to override the existing use of <Ctrl><X> and
   <Ctrl><C> (use CUA-mode for that)

--
Regards,

joe