all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* colors using -nw in 21.3
@ 2004-03-25  2:12 KC Braunschweig
From: KC Braunschweig @ 2004-03-25  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently installed emacs 21.3, compiled on Solaris 2.6 to run on
2.6, 8 and 9 (SPARC). When running with the -nw option, color support
produces unexpected results. Our previous version (20.2.1) supported a
wide range of colors (for example $ emacs -fg DarkSlateGrey -bg wheat
-nw). The 21.3 installation seems to only support the the 8 standard
colors listed via M-x list-colors-display and selecting any other
colors, such as those in my example results in a bright green color
being used.

The man page leads me to believe that all colors listed in
/usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt should be supported. We've tested this in
xterm-color as well as dtterm with the same results. Any idea what has
gone wrong? Did I miss an option when compiling?

The only configure option I used was --prefix. I used:
gcc: 2.95.2
make: Solaris 2.6 make

Thanks,

KC Braunschweig