all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Does emacsNT support reconversion feature of MS-IME
@ 2004-09-11  0:41 emacs Fan
From: emacs Fan @ 2004-09-11  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi, everyone
    I am using Asia language IME in emacsNT, such as MS Chinese
IME(MSPY2003), MS Japanese IME.
    In most of windows editor, such as notepad, I can select  the
words, then right click the mose, a context menu appeared, at that
time I can select the reconversion, then the words come into a
conversition state.

   It is really useful when learning the Asia language.

   So does any one know the problem?

   Any suggestion is appreciated.

emacs Fan.

* Re: Does emacsNT support reconversion feature of MS-IME
       [not found] <mailman.2356.1094863697.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-09-11  8:48 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-09-11  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

emacs Fan <emacsNT@gmail.com> writes:

>     I am using Asia language IME in emacsNT, such as MS Chinese
> IME(MSPY2003), MS Japanese IME.

Emacs does not fully support the system IMEs on Windows yet.  You can
enter text with them, but none of the advanced functionality like
reconversion is available. There is another derivative of GNU Emacs
for Windows called "Meadow" that makes use of the system IMEs. Most
documentation for it is in Japanese, though there is a small amount
available in English, and maybe in Chinese too.

* Re: Does emacsNT support reconversion feature of MS-IME
@ 2004-09-11  9:13   ` emacs Fan
From: emacs Fan @ 2004-09-11  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Emacs does not fully support the system IMEs on Windows yet.  You can
> enter text with them, but none of the advanced functionality like
> reconversion is available. There is another derivative of GNU Emacs
> for Windows called "Meadow" that makes use of the system IMEs. Most
> documentation for it is in Japanese, though there is a small amount
> available in English, and maybe in Chinese too.

   Actually, I had used Meadow which is adapted to Japanese language
environment. But I don't like the style they did on gnu emacs. And
yet, meadow doesn't support the reconversation function.
   Anyway, thank you very much, Jason.

--

@ 2004-09-12 10:20     ` NAKAMURA Toshikazu
From: NAKAMURA Toshikazu @ 2004-09-12 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, emacs Fan <emacsNT@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Actually, I had used Meadow which is adapted to Japanese language
> environment. But I don't like the style they did on gnu emacs. And
> yet, meadow doesn't support the reconversation function.

Though I am not currently using Meadow, it seems that they managed to
implement the reconversion function on one of its development
versions (2.20). As for CVS emacs, there is a person who wrote a patch
to support the same function. Since I have not tried it myself, I do
not know if it is compatible with the latest version, though.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/y3tk/emacs.html#ime-patch
--
NAKAMURA Toshikazu