all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: directory tree
       [not found] <mailman.1466.1065764358.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-10  9:02 ` Noufal Ibrahim
From: Noufal Ibrahim @ 2003-10-10  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

jan <janmar@iprimus.com.au> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I can't seem to get used to using dired so I'm looking for a file
> manager with a tree view. Does anyone know of one?

[...]

The basic M-x speedbar gives you a directory tree. It's not a file
manager by default but I imagine it could be converted into one.

--
~noufal

Good-bye.  I am leaving because I am bored.
		-- George Saunders' dying words

* Re: directory tree
@ 2003-10-10  9:37   ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2003-10-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:

>  jan <janmar@iprimus.com.au> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I can't seem to get used to using dired so I'm looking for a file
> > manager with a tree view. Does anyone know of one?
>
>  [...]
>
>  The basic M-x speedbar gives you a directory tree. It's not a file
>  manager by default but I imagine it could be converted into one.

Or you can try ECB (Emacs Code browser) which offers probably that what is
known as directory tree... but of course this is always a matter of taste.
speedbar works as well as ECB - see which one you like more...

See ECB at http://ecb.sourceforge.net/ and here the screenshot section to see
if this is a directory-tree you want...if yes, then will be probably even more
enthused ;-) if you see the next forthcoming ECB version which will have real
graphical tree-views as known from other applications or IDEs - at least for
GNU Emacs.

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

@ 2003-10-10 14:49 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-10-10 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I can't seem to get used to using dired so I'm looking for a file
> manager with a tree view. Does anyone know of one?

There's also monkey.el.

* directory tree
@ 2003-10-10 22:48 jan
From: jan @ 2003-10-10 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-10-17 18:01   ` jan
From: jan @ 2003-10-17 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> > I can't seem to get used to using dired so I'm looking for a file
> > manager with a tree view. Does anyone know of one?
>
> There's also monkey.el.

Where can I get a copy? The link at
<http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/ell-name.html> doesn't work for
me.