all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Printing on Windows
@ 2002-09-17 16:53 Artist
From: Artist @ 2002-09-17 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 I have trouble printing from emacs on Windows

 Details:

 Operating System: Windows NT 4.0
 Printer Connection: Printer Directly Connected to Network
 Printer Name: HP LaserJet 8000 DN PS
 Printer Driver: HP Lasetjet 8000 Series PS
 Drivername: PSCRIPT.DLL
 Config file:PSCRPTUI.DLL
 Default Datatype: RAW
 Printer  Port: SAM
 Port Description:HP Jet Direct Port

 Now, I am really confused about so many options and vocabulary
available about printing.

  What I want is the ability to print like Notepad
  and it that works, then ability to print like microsoft word, (
Bold, colored etc)

 Please let me know what type of settings I should do to printing from
emacs.
 Assuming I have no command for printing so far.

 I would really like to see FAQ on printing itself and printing from
emacs.

Thanks,
Artist

* Re: Printing on Windows
@ 2002-09-18 12:17 ` Kevin Dziulko
From: Kevin Dziulko @ 2002-09-18 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Check out http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html.
There's a whole section on printing.

Kevin

On 17 Sep 2002, Artist wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have trouble printing from emacs on Windows
>
>  Details:
>
>  Operating System: Windows NT 4.0
>  Printer Connection: Printer Directly Connected to Network
>  Printer Name: HP LaserJet 8000 DN PS
>  Printer Driver: HP Lasetjet 8000 Series PS
>  Drivername: PSCRIPT.DLL
>  Config file:PSCRPTUI.DLL
>  Default Datatype: RAW
>  Printer  Port: SAM
>  Port Description:HP Jet Direct Port
>
>  Now, I am really confused about so many options and vocabulary
> available about printing.
>
>   What I want is the ability to print like Notepad
>   and it that works, then ability to print like microsoft word, (
> Bold, colored etc)
>
>  Please let me know what type of settings I should do to printing from
> emacs.
>  Assuming I have no command for printing so far.
>
>  I would really like to see FAQ on printing itself and printing from
> emacs.
>

> Thanks,
> Artist

* Re: Printing on Windows
       [not found] <mailman.1032351499.18484.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-18 14:29 ` Syver Enstad
From: Syver Enstad @ 2002-09-18 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Dziulko <dziulko@klaatu.canisius.edu> writes:

> Check out http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html.
> There's a whole section on printing.
>
> Kevin

Here is what I have done. Seems to work fine if you have a postscript
printer.

(setq ps-printer-name "//PrintServer/PrinterName")

Where PrintServer could of course be your own machine (I think you'll
have to share it out though).

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad