all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-24 14:39 Toni K. Trampert
From: Toni K. Trampert @ 2005-02-24 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i would like to use the function

   revert-buffer

without the  compulsive question
 "Revert buffer from file /home/tkk/temp/test (yes or no)"

how?

best regards,

* Re: revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-24 14:57 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2005-02-24 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Toni> hi,

  Toni> i would like to use the function

  Toni>    revert-buffer

  Toni> without the compulsive question
  Toni>  "Revert buffer from file /home/tkk/temp/test (yes or no)"

  Toni> how?

M-x auto-revert-buffer may be what you want. Or you can set
`revert-without-query'. Or you could define a new function

(defun revert-buffer-noask()
    (interactive)
    (revert-buffer nil t))

should do it.

Phil

* Re: revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-24 20:28   ` Toni K. Trampert
From: Toni K. Trampert @ 2005-02-24 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (defun revert-buffer-noask()
>     (interactive)
>     (revert-buffer nil t))
>

> should do it.

It does it.

What is the meaning of the "nil t" construction?

* Re: revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-24 22:57     ` August
From: August @ 2005-02-24 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On tor, 2005-02-24 at 21:28 +0100, Toni K. Trampert wrote:
> > (defun revert-buffer-noask()
> >     (interactive)
> >     (revert-buffer nil t))
> >

> > should do it.
> >

> It does it.
>
> What is the meaning of the "nil t" construction?

C-h f revert-buffer

--
August

* Re: revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-24 23:03     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-02-24 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h f revert-buffer RET ]

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: revert-buffer without question?
@ 2005-02-25  0:43 ` Enila Nero
From: Enila Nero @ 2005-02-25  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Toni K. Trampert" <tkt@robber.de> writes:

> hi,
>
> i would like to use the function
>
>    revert-buffer
>
> without the  compulsive question
>  "Revert buffer from file /home/tkk/temp/test (yes or no)"

Others have answered your question.  For my purposes this is a better
to revert-buffer alternative:

find-alternate-file

Normally bound to C-x C-v

EN