all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question about configure.bat
@ 2007-07-21  2:09 Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2007-07-21  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, I just performed a checkout from the 22.1-branch. When I ran
configure.bat I didn't specify --no-cygwin, I just specified --no-debug
   and --with-gcc.

However, I noticed that configure.bat still uses -mno-cygwin when
testing for image support..why? I was hoping on building a windows
version dependent on cygwin1.dll with image support for better looking
toolbars without having to install the mingw tools and its image
libraries (I only have latest mingw32-make installed now). I tried the
offical windows emacs 22.1 binary but it had ugly toolbars too.

- Eric

* Re: Question about configure.bat
@ 2007-07-21  3:55 ` dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2007-07-21  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On 7/21/07, Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I just performed a checkout from the 22.1-branch. When I ran
> configure.bat I didn't specify --no-cygwin, I just specified --no-debug
>    and --with-gcc.
>
> However, I noticed that configure.bat still uses -mno-cygwin when
> testing for image support..why? I was hoping on building a windows

FWIK, you need to use configure shell script in a bash shell to get a
cygwin build. It is similar to a UNIX build. I am not sure if you can
mix MinGW and CYGWIN binaries, not sure though. Just to experiment,
try with the following options to force the usage of CYGWIN (it might
conflict with the -mno-cygwin, I do not have the environment to test
it myself):
cmd>configure.bat --with-gcc --no-debug --cflags -mcygwin

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!

* Re: Question about configure.bat
@ 2007-07-21  8:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-07-21  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:09:35 +0200
>
> However, I noticed that configure.bat still uses -mno-cygwin when
> testing for image support..why? I was hoping on building a windows
> version dependent on cygwin1.dll with image support

You can't use configure.bat for building a Cygwin Emacs: configure.bat
supports only the native Windows builds which use the native Windows
GUI toolkit.

To get a Cygwin build, use the configure shell script in the top-level
directory, like you would on Unix and GNU systems.