all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bbdb-vm: how to (auto) send to multiple email addresses of a particular recipient
@ 2005-07-26 17:44 Peter Leung
From: Peter Leung @ 2005-07-26 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using bbdb and vm for my email.

Can I do this:

if a recipient has multiple email addresses associated with him/her in
bbdb,  expanding the name/email will automatically insert all email
addresses known to bbdb?

I find this very useful as some of my colleagues use multiple email,
and I could never be sure which ones they are using at the moment.

--
Peter
peterkwl AT telus dOt NET

* Re: bbdb-vm: how to (auto) send to multiple email addresses of a particular recipient
       [not found] <mailman.1792.1122401414.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-07-27  9:30 ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-07-27  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Leung <peter@3waynet.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using bbdb and vm for my email.
>
> Can I do this:
>
> if a recipient has multiple email addresses associated with him/her in
> bbdb,  expanding the name/email will automatically insert all email
> addresses known to bbdb?
>
> I find this very useful as some of my colleagues use multiple email,
> and I could never be sure which ones they are using at the moment.
>
> --
> Peter
> peterkwl AT telus dOt NET

i also interest that.  actually, i dont know how to select his/her secondary
address rather the default one.

--
What happens to us when we die?
... We return to the place we came from.

* Re: bbdb-vm: how to (auto) send to multiple email addresses of a particular recipient
@ 2005-07-27 19:21   ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2005-07-27 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a really kludgy solution that I've used.
I create separate records for each email address, and set that person up as a mail-alias.

I would also like to see a better solution :)

- Chris

--
     (.   .)