all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Proposed change to flyspell-mode
@ 2005-09-16 15:43 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2005-09-16 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to propose a minor change to flyspell-mode.  What is the
best way of doing that?  Is there a mailing list, newsgroup, person I
should contact?  Thanks!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: Proposed change to flyspell-mode
@ 2005-09-16 19:02 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-09-16 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:

> I would like to propose a minor change to flyspell-mode.  What is the
> best way of doing that?  Is there a mailing list, newsgroup, person I
> should contact?  Thanks!

You need to join the emacs devel list.

Dave in Largo, FL

* Proposed change to flyspell-mode
@ 2005-09-18 12:40 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2005-09-18 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emacs version: 21.2.1

Problem: `flyspell-highlight-duplicate-region' does not have a
mechanism to ignore duplicate words as
`flyspell-highlight-incorrect-region' does, and it could/should.

Details: I am trying to integrate flyspell into TNT, an AOL IM clone
for Emacsen.  I want to spell-check the message as it's being typed,
but ignore any previous messages.  By using `flyspell-incorrect-hook'
I have it successfully ignoring what I want it to, except when it
comes up against a duplicate misspelled word.  Here, flyspell does not
go through the same functions to highlight the word, so there is no
hook to call, and the word gets highlighted.

I can control this, of course, by using advice, or perhaps by making
`flyspell-duplicate-distance' buffer-local and then modifying it.  But
a cleaner way would be for `flyspell-highlight-duplicate-region' to
have its own hook to call similar to `flyspell-incorrect-hook'.

--

@ 2005-09-19 14:05 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-09-19 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I would like to propose a minor change to flyspell-mode.  What is the
> best way of doing that?

   M-x report-emacs-bug RET

It serves for bugs, misfeatures, feature requests, ...