all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* make frame(s)
@ 2007-08-26 17:17 trajan
From: trajan @ 2007-08-26 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

    I am trying to open a new frame within the Emacs editor, v21.2
running
on a Terminal window.

I entered "C-x 52" or "M-x make-frame", but it seems to react to the
command entry
but not produce a visible frame.  So, I'm either entering the wrong
command(s) or the new
frame is exactly and completely overlapping the current frame.

So, if the command(s) are wrong, what would be right, or, if the new
frame completely overlaps
the current frame, is there a command, macro, or Lisp statement that
will "adjust" things?

Any information is appreciated.  Thanks.

fjm