all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
[parent not found: <20020911141602.25522.35321.Mailman@monty-python.gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.1031651288.3988.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* C-mode electric braces
@ 2002-09-10  9:47 Carsten Burstedde
From: Carsten Burstedde @ 2002-09-10  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to customize the electric brace behaviour in C-mode. I looked
through the threads of the last months, but did not find a matching subject.

1. When I define array constants, I do not want emacs to put the closing
braces on an extra line, which it currently does. When I hit } after
int a[3] = { 1, 2, 3
the closing brace jumps to the next line. How can I switch this off?

2. After having typed
for (i = 0; i < 3; ++i)
I want that hitting the opening brace places it on the next line, then
inserts an empty line and the closing brace, and places the cursor in
between:
   {
     <point>
   }