all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@elta.co.il>
Subject: Re: OT: Run Ant in MingW shell?
Date: 09 Oct 2003 13:05:23 +0200	[thread overview]

> From: Kai.Grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Grossjohann)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 9 Oct 2003 01:18:45 -0700
>
> I searched Google and Gmane for a pertinent group but couldn't find
> one

There's a MinGW mailing list (sorry, I don't know its exact name)
which I think is a better place.

> I started a MingW shell under Emacs via the following setup and then
> hitting M-x shell:
>
> (setq explicit-sh.exe-args '("--noediting" "--login" "-i"))
> (setq explicit-shell-file-name "sh.exe")
>
> In that shell, I say "cd work/bla", then I say "ant -emacs compile",
> and this is the response:
>
> ~/work/bla> ant -emacs compile
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main
> Exception in thread "main" ~/work/bla>
>
> I look at $CLASSPATH and it's the same as under CMD.EXE.  But there,
> Ant works.
>
> Any idea how to get it working?

No idea, but here are a few questions that might provide some insight:

  . What happens if you start the MinGW shell outside Emacs with the
    same options shown above, and then run Ant?

  . What happens if you start CMD under Emacs and then run Ant?

  . What happens if you start the MinGW shell outside Emacs, but with
    stdin and stdout redirected to a file, and then run Ant (e.g.,
    have the Ant command on the file where you redirect the shell's
    stdin)?