all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How do you inspect variables when debugging with EDebug?
@ 2022-04-01  5:59 John Kliny
From: John Kliny @ 2022-04-01  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

   In the past C-h v  worked for this, but apparently by moving to
   lexical-binding C-h v cannot pick up let variables  at point anymore,
   it says variable is not bound.

   You can type 'e' and type the variable name, but that is not convenient
   at all.

   Is there a way like before with C-h v, so you can just put cursor on a
   variable during debugging, press a command and it shows the value?

   How do you check let-bound variables when debugging with EDebug?

* Re: How do you inspect variables when debugging with EDebug?
@ 2022-04-01 15:04 John Kliny
From: John Kliny @ 2022-04-01 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> A way to ask Edebug to "finish the current loop" or more generally to
> run without stopping until we exit the currently surrounding sexp.

   I checked and there is o which apparently does this:

   ‘o’
        Run the program until the end of the containing sexp
        (‘edebug-step-out’).