all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Org Capture - Copy of Entry to another Org File
@ 2020-11-28 14:12 daniela-spit
From: daniela-spit @ 2020-11-28 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

I am making some templates for Org Capture, code below.

Is it possible to have an option to send a copy of a Todo Entry
(stored in todo.org) to either the "Today" or "This Week" in
sched-plan.org.

-------- start of code --------

   (setq org-capture-templates
      `(("t" "Todo: Schedule")              ; backquote construct
        ("te" "Todo: Entry" entry
           (file "~/ghistr/gadmin/todo.org")
           ,(concat                        ; special marker [,]
               "* TODO %^{Heading}\n  Brief: %^{Brief}\n  Detail: %?\n"
               "  Scheduled: %^T\n  Entered: %T\n  Link: %a\n")
           :clock-in t :clock-resume t)

        ("td" "+ Today" entry
           (file "~/02histr/gadmin/sched-plan.org")
           ,(concat                        ; special marker [,]
               "* TODO %^{Today|ThisWeek|ThisQuarter}\n"
               "%^{Heading}\n %i")
           :clock-in t :clock-resume t)

        ("tw" "+ Week" entry
           (file "~/02histr/gadmin/sched-plan.org")
           ,(concat
               "* TODO %^{Heading}\n  Brief: %^{Brief}\n  Detail: %?\n"
               "  %^{Scheduled: |Today|This Week|This Quarter}\n"
               "  Scheduled: %^T\n  Entered: %T\n  Link: %a\n")
           :clock-in t :clock-resume t)

* Re: Org Capture - Copy of Entry to another Org File
@ 2020-11-28 16:20 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-28 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniela-spit; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

* daniela-spit@gmx.it <daniela-spit@gmx.it> [2020-11-28 17:13]:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CREATED:  [2020-11-28 Sat 19:20]
  :ID:       ddd971a5-843f-4610-b73b-c0ad2c95cd28
  :END:
> I am making some templates for Org Capture, code below.
>
> Is it possible to have an option to send a copy of a Todo Entry
> (stored in todo.org) to either the "Today" or "This Week" in
> sched-plan.org.

Give more description on what you wish to achieve.

When I read it then I think that is C-c C-x M-w to copy the subtree
and then to insert subtree in other file.

Maybe you think to capture something and then automatically insert it
in two files?

* Re: Org Capture - Copy of Entry to another Org File
@ 2020-11-28 16:38   ` daniela-spit
>   :ID:       ddd971a5-843f-4610-b73b-c0ad2c95cd28
>   :END:
> > I am making some templates for Org Capture, code below.
> >
> > Is it possible to have an option to send a copy of a Todo Entry
> > (stored in todo.org) to either the "Today" or "This Week" in
> > sched-plan.org.
>
> Give more description on what you wish to achieve.
>
> When I read it then I think that is C-c C-x M-w to copy the subtree
> and then to insert subtree in other file.
>
> Maybe you think to capture something and then automatically insert it
> in two files?

I put the entry in todo.org using Org Capture.  And if I feel I could
do it today or this week, I can send it also to another file, e.g.
sched-plan.org.

Maybe have an option %^{Category |Today|This Week|Undecided}