all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to install Ditaa
@ 2020-11-23 22:49 Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2020-11-23 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

Anybody knows how to install ditaa?  Have installed it, but now I have no idea how to execute a file with
ditaa.

* Re: How to install Ditaa
@ 2020-11-23 23:13 ` Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2020-11-23 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Christopher Dimech; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Anybody knows how to install ditaa?  Have installed it, but now I have no idea how to execute a file with
> ditaa.

http://ditaa.sourceforge.net/

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-ditaa.html

* Re: How to install Ditaa
@ 2020-11-23 23:54   ` Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2020-11-23 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Arthur Miller; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

Have found the jar file for ditaa and followed the instructions.  However,
when I try to execute the code using "C-c C-c" I get

Evaluation of this ditaa code block is disabled.

@ 2020-11-24  1:42     ` Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2020-11-24  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Christopher Dimech; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Have found the jar file for ditaa and followed the instructions.  However,
> when I try to execute the code using "C-c C-c" I get
>
> Evaluation of this ditaa code block is disabled.
>
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 12:13 AM
>> From: "Arthur Miller" <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
>> Cc: "Help Gnu Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>> Subject: Re: How to install Ditaa
>>
>> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>>
>> > Anybody knows how to install ditaa?  Have installed it, but now I have no idea how to execute a file with
>> > ditaa.
>>
>> http://ditaa.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-ditaa.html

Maybe it will help you if you watch some instructional video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuX87Xo8Fc

You may download it with yt-download if you prefer not to view YT in
your web browser.

* Re: How to install Ditaa
@ 2020-11-24  5:44 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-24  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Christopher Dimech; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-24 01:51]:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CREATED:  [2020-11-24 Tue 08:43]
  :ID:       4fc01194-bdbd-4d54-9bb0-327aeb79fbb1
  :END:

> Anybody knows how to install ditaa?  Have installed it, but now I
> have no idea how to execute a file with ditaa.

You enable ditaa ind variable org-babel-load-languages. Normally I do
C-c C-c if I wish to export single block and I do it on the block or
line end_src. But that is only for testing, I am using ditaa and
plantuml to export PDF files with the output.

From ditaa examples:

** exporting a ditaa example
   :PROPERTIES:
   :DATE:     2011-07-19
   :CREATED:  [2020-11-24 Tue 08:43]
   :ID:       962ad1cb-e751-4ef6-8dbb-1fae57ff3888
   :END:

#+begin_src ditaa :file blue.png :cmdline -r
|    test       |
|        {cBLU} |
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: