I have actually made a minor mode that does only the suscript part. In addition it does some basic prettifying with just two commands \alpha and \beta. Also made a function to cycle the options. Would you have time to look at it? I attach the file and a test. > Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:05 AM > From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor" > To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org > Subject: Re: tex-mode.el > > Christopher Dimech wrote: > > > It does nothing but stops matching superscript > > and subscript. > > Isn't that what you want? No match, no font lock? > > -- > underground experts united > http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573 > https://dataswamp.org/~incal > > >