all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs with rainbow-delimiters
@ 2021-01-09 18:04 wael-zwaiter
From: wael-zwaiter @ 2021-01-09 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

Have put the following two lines

  (require 'rainbow-delimiters)
  (rainbow-delimiters-mode 1)

But I am getting the error

File error: Cannot open load file, No such file or directory, rainbow-delimiters

* Re: Emacs with rainbow-delimiters
@ 2021-01-09 18:20 ` Omar Polo
From: Omar Polo @ 2021-01-09 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wael-zwaiter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

wael-zwaiter@gmx.com writes:

> Have put the following two lines
>
>   (require 'rainbow-delimiters)
>   (rainbow-delimiters-mode 1)
>
> But I am getting the error
>
> File error: Cannot open load file, No such file or directory, rainbow-delimiters

My crystall ball says that you haven't installed rainbow-delimiters:

M-x package-install RET rainbow-delimiters

--

The error is pretty clear: Emacs can't find the file where
rainbow-delimiters is defined.  This leads to two possible outcomes: you

* Re: Emacs with rainbow-delimiters
@ 2021-01-09 18:50 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2021-01-09 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Have put the following two lines
>
>   (require 'rainbow-delimiters)
>   (rainbow-delimiters-mode 1)
>
> But I am getting the error
>
> File error: Cannot open load file, No such file or directory, rainbow-delimiters

Presumably you don't have the package `rainbow-delimiters` installed.
Note that the (require 'rainbow-delimiters) should be redundant since
installing the package should be enough to make it so the function
`rainbow-delimiters-mode` is autoloaded (i.e. the package will be
loaded if needed when you call the function).

* Re: Emacs with rainbow-delimiters
@ 2021-01-09 20:11   ` wael-zwaiter
From: wael-zwaiter @ 2021-01-09 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hawe put the following lines to work.

(rainbow-delimiters-mode 1)
(add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'rainbow-delimiters-mode)

But now I would like things active on all files.